I must be a chickpea kick after last weeks chickpea cookies recipe. But who can deny the amazing versatility of the chickpea? Most often found as a base in hummus, I add these babies to salads, use them in stir fry, and now I’ve created a delicious marinaded chickpea version. You could eat these on their own, spread them over salad, or use in a wrap of your choice, as I did with butter lettuce.
Go ahead, get your chickpea on!
You could marinate any light bean of your choice to create this herbaceous delight!
- 2 cups chickpeas cooked
- 2 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
- 1.5 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 2 sundried tomatoes finely diced
- ½ cup cucumber finely diced
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh parsley finely chopped
- 1 tbsp fresh basil finely chopped
- ¼ tsp each, sea salt and black pepper
Mix together all the ingredients for the marinade and toss with the chickpeas.
Leave covered in fridge for at least two hours, or overnight.
Eat on their own or get creative! I enjoyed mine in butter lettuce leaves, as a wrap.